THE SEARCH FOR 'GREEN' YOUTH ENVOYS
Come and be an envoy with NEA's Youth Environment Envoy Programme
The program aims to nurture and build a network of youth who will become leaders and change agents in moving their peers and the community towards environment ownership and sustainability. The network complements the existing Environment Champion (EC) Movement in primary, secondary and ITE schools.
Groomed as Youth Environment Envoys (YEEs), this passionate group of youths committed to the goal of sustainable development in their institutional and personal capacities will receive training to strengthen their knowledge on environmental issues and attend workshops to improve their public speaking, networking, facilitation, project management and motivational skills so as to enable them to take on a proactive role as a leader and change agent for environmental sustainability.
YEEs are challenged to initiate and implement meaningful projects that will contribute towards Singapore's environmental sustainability. This could include projects with the community (e.g. recycling, conservation), surveys, mentoring of environment champions from primary / secondary schools and organizing environment youth events / fringe activities, forums and dialogue sessions for their peers. YEEs are encouraged to take on leadership roles in promoting environmental ownership and sustainability.
SUPPORT / BENEFIT
- Receive mentorship and advice on environmental projects undertaken by YEEs;
- Platform to coordinate environmental efforts and projects;
- Go on environmental learning field trips to various locations;
- Opportunity to mentor younger students (Environment Champions from schools);
- Part of NYAA Awards Scheme;
- Work with industries and other partners (3P);
- Financial (seed funding) and in-kind support for projects;
- Network with other environment envoys who can work together with you to make the environment better and more sustainable;
- Attend workshop with leading experts in the field of environmental sustainability;
- Develop relevant skills in project management, facilitation, networking, public speaking and event management;
- Participate in National Forums and dialogues on environmental issues;
- Represent Singapore in International environment-related forums / conferences e.g. United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) events.
- Take up opportunities to contribute towards the betterment of the environment and benefit to the community;
- Take part or assist in events and activities organized for or by the YEEs and youth.
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident;
- Age 17 - 35;
- Committed, motivated and passionate about the environment;
- Active in community / school-based environmental projects / studies or activities;
- Possess good oral and written English skills
Email your essay of about 300-400 words, describe how you qualify to be in this programme with Sections A & B of the application form to Mr Bryan Mah (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject heading: 'Youth Environment Envoy Programme'.
For more information, you can contact Mr. Bryan Mah at 6731 9861 / e-mail email@example.com during office hours.
OBJECTIVES / OUTCOMES
- Acquire additional knowledge about the sustainable development process;
- Acquire additional tools to assist in analyzing how sustainable development is occurring and how it can be accelerated in practical ways applicable to Singapore's context;
- Gain greater clarity on approaches towards integrating diverse multi-stakeholders into a cohesive plan for sustainable development;
- Enhance project proposals that will be further developed, with support from NEA.
CLICK HERE for Training Workshop Information and Application Form
For the latest YEE application forms, pls contact Mr Bryan Mah at 6731 9861
a) Applicants may be required to attend a short interview @Environment Building to assess their eligibility.
b) Application forms that have incomplete information will not be processed.
Email your queries to: Mr. Bryan Mah (firstname.lastname@example.org).